LiveNeutral began as a grassroots organization that enables people like you to act today to take real action on climate change. LiveNeutral was founded in the summer of 2005 as a community enterprise of the San Francisco-based Presidio School of Management.
LiveNeutral is operated by Carbonzero, a leader in the design and implementation of carbon reduction strategies and solutions for emerging low carbon economy.
When you join LiveNeutral, you join a collaborative, worldwide effort. Here"s what makes us unique:
- Education: LiveNeutral is one of the only organizations that provides climate change education as well as carbon emission offset services. We teach you everything you need to know about climate change and we show you ways to reduce your own carbon footprint. We also offer customized educational programs for corporate engagements that help organizations share knowledge and inspire action among their employees, customers, and stakeholders.
- Action: Global warming is happening now. So now is the time to act. Maybe you’ve done all you can to reduce your own emissions. When you offset the remainder through LiveNeutral, you are sending a message that climate change and renewable energy matter to you.
LiveNeutral collaborates with companies and other organizations to offset emissions. Whether you’re an event, touring band or a major corporation, we can help you assess your footprint and then neutralize what you can’t reduce. Not only do these organizations neutralize their own emissions, but in many cases they also neutralize those of their employees and customers. Here are some of our collaborators:
- American Electric Power
- Organic Inc.
- Better World Club
- EcoMetro Guide
- Green Zebra
- Colorado University
- University of Florida
- Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
- Natural Capitalism Solutions
- Social Venture Network
- Greenline Industries
- New Voice of Business
- Roadshow Services
- Sustainable Energy Partners
- Sustainability Planning Partners
- Executive Chef Services
- Serrano Hotel
- Origo Consulting
- Portion Pac, Inc.
- California Association of Museums
- California Resource Recovery Association
- Omega Institute
- Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey
In the spring of 2005, through the efforts of the founding LiveNeutral team, the Presidio School of Management became an associate member of the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX). LiveNeutral worked through Presidio’s membership in the CCX to begin offering individuals and organizations an opportunity to connect directly to this innovative market for large-scale emissions reductions.
In May of 2012 LiveNeutral became an enterprise of Carbonzero, an innovative and North American market leader in the design and implementation of carbon reduction strategies and solutions. A top performer in the 2009 David Suzuki Foundation and Pembina Institute report on Carbon Offsetting, Carbonzero has led the way in setting the leading industry standards for measurable and verified emissions reduction offsets in North America. Download Report
Carbonzero was founded in 2006 and has rapidly risen to become a leader in the design and implementation of corporate carbon reduction strategies and solutions in the emerging low carbon economy. Carbonzero helps organizations, governments and individuals prepare for the low carbon economy by aiding them in assessing, reporting, and reducing their emissions. Our approach, tools and services ensure that our clients can cost-effectively meet their carbon auditing reduction commitments while developing the framework for implementation of reduction activities.